Thursday, 10 November 2011

A Little Birthday Party.

Genevieve turned 1 on the 19th of Oct, and Julian turned 2 on the 27th of Oct. Yes, the 2 little one's are less than a year apart in age and they play nice. Most of the time anyway.

So, since we had a Great Big Party (120 man event) last year for Julian's 1st birthday, which happened to coincide with Genevieve's 30-day naming ceremony, this year I decided to have something smaller, also because I'm 31 weeks pregnant and absolutely can't run around looking for paper napkins and extra spoons. Much to Maran's dismay, I put my foot down and only called 20 of our closest and dearest family and friends. We had the BBQ on the 6th of November (slightly later than intended due to my dad being out of the country on work) at 6pm in my mom's place, since I've decided to park myself here until I deliver Little Pumpkin...hehe! Thank god for moms!

Prep for the Party:
1.Blew up about 50 balloons... I did not participate and was only supervising in case the adults get naughty and decide to burst them. We hung them up after.
2.Made little personalized picture cards for guests to leave messages on. So, in 10 years Julian and Genevieve can read them and laugh...
3.Got the BBQ stuff ready.
4.Made sure the cake was done and ready to serve when the guests arrived.
5.Dressed Julian and Genevieve up for the party... (best part!).
6.Had Maran put up the Birthday wall Poster.
7.Wrapped up the gifts for the "little" guests.

Party started at 6pm... and we had loads and loads of fun!!!


Genevieve trying to run to the cake

What's happening?

Julian : The Bullet


Sis and Me

Father in law writing a message for the little ones

Mom and Me


Anand (BIL) and Maran BBQ'ing

Nephew Jay and Me

Genevieve and Me

Sis and Genevieve

Julian... Does he look like he's just put something in his mouth???

Julian trying to chew on the rafia string
 I love having parties!!!

2 comments:

  1. Julian and Genevieve look very cute. It's always nice to have birthday parties for the little ones... especially when we see them enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree!... better still when Julian and Genevieve have their birthday falling in the same month, 8 days apart!

    ReplyDelete