Friday, 18 November 2011

The light of my life

"You guys only met in April?", most people would exclaim. And gawk at the idea that we got married a mere 10 months later.

But when you meet your soulmate, why wait? Why not just let the whole world know that He's The One??? Haha... So that's what I did. On February the 7th 2009, I married my husband, Maran. The best decision I've made in my life.

Not really one who's ambitious or even remotely independent (being an Indian girl, completely sheltered), Maran's made me the person I've always wanted to be. Complete, privileged and loved unconditionally.

When I gained 20kg's when I was carrying Julian, all he said was..."My fit little bird (because I was extremely active even to the extent of water jetting at 26 weeks)... no problems there... I love you the way you are".

When I gained another 15kg's while carrying Genevieve, all he said was..."You're an angel with another angel inside you, stay healthy...that's all that matters".

And now, when I'm actually heavier than him at 32weeks knowing that I'm probably going to peak at point of delivery, all he says these days are..."Baby, are you absolutely sure you don't need anymore prune juice/ice cream?".

A management consultant with a top notch firm, who works 14-16 hour days, who spends most of the week within the SEA region, who flies to 2 different countries a week on most weeks... know what he does when he comes home? Snuggle up to me, and washes his babies bum bums. Not once does he let me lift a little finger to do a single thing when he's home. And I don't.

When I need or want something (however unnecessary), all I have to do is ask... and it's provided. A wonderful husband, and an excellent dad. Julian, Genevieve, Little Pumpkin and I am blessed.

Who wouldn't love this man?


3 comments:

  1. Dang, I am sorry I didn't check in for so long. Your last post on my blog was 5 weeks ago! Hmmm, I think it was because I was a fan of Bright Bambini instead of Busy Bambini. :)

    Anyway, I read every single word you have posted!
    Muaks muaks to you and your family. I am sure Little Pumpkin will be a cutie too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I share? I'll loan you mine for 1 week but he is no bum bum cleaner!! Haha!

    I have managed to correct the blog update thingy, yay!

    I'll be in Ekids, Gardens from 12 to 4 tomorrow, come join us if you can find the time, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, we went to the AEON Bukit Tinggi play area instead.I'm too heavy la these days, somemore got Symphysis Pubis Distraction (mod-severe), and according to my O&G gotta get admitted till delivery to lessen the pain (eeeekkk, I'll go crazy!)
    Guess what? Got diagnosed with GDM last Friday, so on D/Control now. Will be doing my BSP this friday... keeping fingers crossed for NO INSULIN!
    Hope the Tiger and you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete