Friday, 7 October 2011

2 cheetahs? 3 cheetahs?

Julian, who is 23 months old LOVES National Geographic. Yes, and has been watching it from the time he was about 18 months old (basically when I started him on the TV- bad, lazy mommy!)... but hey, to my defence it was only NatGeo Wild, National Geographic and Discovery Channel plus CNN/BBC/Al Jazeera (courtesy of his dad).

Now, it's no wonder that he loves all these shows, probably because he has had almost no exposure to cartoons and the fact that his dad hordes the TV and switches to these same shows doesn't really help. -Maran is not that much of Star Network/E Entertainment/Fox sorta person(like me!)-

I'm rambling... OK, so 2 days ago as I was watching a safari show with him, Genevieve dancing around my knees, I told him, "look, there are 2 cheetahs there!!!". I swear in that glance I DID see only 2 cheetahs on the screen. Julian looks, and gives me a peculiar look and says, "No, no Amma. 3 cheetahs. Brothers". It did not make any sense to me, but sure enough, when I looked at the TV once again, there WERE 3 cheetahs on screen and the background commentation was that cheetahs always travel with their brothers.

I was completely flabbergasted! He was right, as I turned to give him a big smooch and make a big deal out of it, I noticed that he was back to concentrating on the show, so I left it. I mean, I've already made a big blubbering fool of myself, why celebrate it right? haha!

So, not only does Julian know how to correct his mother -Ahem ahem- but he's also counting, AND listening to the commentator!
*happiness* I'm definitely continuing this trend of hourly Infochannel watching!!!

Ps: Astro charges RM5 for a month of National Geographic,Discovery, Discovery Science,History and Animal Planet. It's called the Learning Package. I think it's worth it, I mean a curry mee in KL is RM5,isn't it? ;) So for little children who love animals, it's a package well worth the price!

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute,

    Funny how they surprise you at every turn and so heartwarming too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I agree! It's a roller coaster of surprises on a daily basis... nothing more gratifying than being a MOM... I'm sure you'd agree!

    ReplyDelete