Saturday, 8 October 2011

Preschool Prep - the current favourite!

When I received the Preschool Prep Series (DVD) by The Preschool Prep Company - Meet the Letters, Meet the Numbers, Meet the Shapes, Meet the Colours and Meet the Sight Words 1,2,3 I was first quite skeptical because (as usual) I went through the entire series on my own before playing it for the 2 bubs and wasn't completely swayed...

To me, compared to the other early learning programs available, Preschool Prep seemed quite hmmm... how do I phrase this? SLOW! Seemed to me that the flashing of the words took at least 4-5 secs per word. So, I was under the impression, after my initial viewing that the kids would be bored and lose attention after the first 2 minutes.

How wrong I was!!! They absolutely LOVE it!!! Even little Genevieve who is usually not one who concentrates on DVD's unless it's interactive and she can take "breaks" in between clips, was glued! I would say it's because of the colorful characters, and the number of repetitions each Letter, Number, Shape, Colour or Word have. Each DVD is also jam packed with  little fun stories in which the kids can relate to. It took only 3 viewings (3 days) of the Meet the Shapes DVD for Julian (the precocious fellow that he is) to recognize AND verbalize ALL the shapes played. -circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, diamond, octagon and star. Like WOW! How thrilling! Genevieve is taking much longer, but that's alright because she seems to enjoy it and keeps asking for more...

The Preschool Prep Company also carry Meet the Vowels, Meet the Phonics 3 DVD set, and a 12 Easy Reader book set.

Quite a refreshing find, I must say... well worth the time and effort.

Image from Google

 This is not an advertisement for the company or any individual, and I'm not being paid for this review. This is just a personal take on this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment