Thursday, 29 September 2011

Bordering insanity... in Borders.

So, I decided to take the 2 bubs to Borders yesterday, to expose them both to the WORLD of books... other than their own... also for my own selfish reasons, needed to do a lil' shopping (it has been some time!). Note: I have NEVER taken them BOTH out together, they're almost IMPOSSIBLE to manage. But STILL... I thought, it's a bookstore, what can go wrong, right?

1:00 pm : Enter Borders Bookstore
1:10 pm : Julian decides to march into Starbucks and demand for a muffin.(I had to consent, because the guy over the counter plates the muffin and starts ringing up the register (without me telling him first, I mean Julian is a 23 month old!)OK never mind, it's just a muffin.. next!
1:15 pm : Genevieve decides to munch on a board book, while Julian gleefully throws pieces of muffin around.
1:25 pm : Julian throws a tantrum, because he spots a cow (from Moo Cow) outside Borders, and wants to run there, Genevieve starts chewing another board book. Yes there are actually books strewn all over Borders (kids section).
1:30 pm : I start getting weird stares from other customers *embarassing!*
1:35 pm : Find the book I was looking for and snapped it up.
1:40 pm : Leave Borders... sweating.
2:00 pm : Reach home, disappointed that I wasn't able to get them to sit quietly and look at books...
2:05 pm : Julian looks at me and says- I love you, amma... Borders, tomorrow?Julian good boy.

See why I love them so?


Julian holding the book I purchased.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Babe,

    Your kids are such cuties.

    Bravo on venturing out with them together :) I wouldn't dare, Tiger will always end up with a haematoma somewhere. It takes six eyes to watch 1 toddler *faint*

    Welcome to the blogging world!!
    Btw, I have the Brain Games Book by the same publisher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My FIRST comment!!! Yay!

    Haha, first and LAST time! ermm, maybe I'll try it again when the husband comes back from Bangkok.Checked out the Brain Games Book, can't remember why I didn't get it... but then again, I can't remember much of what happened yesterday (such a dizzying experience)

    Took us longer getting to MidValley and parking compared to the actual time spent there!(winks to Malaysian traffic)

    Shall go through the book and post on it, it does look DO-ABLE.

    Lemme know how your book is...

    ReplyDelete