Thursday, 22 December 2011

I'm getting worried.

Really!

I have been putting on tonnes of weight due to my "alleged" Gestational Diabetes Mellitus that I'm actually getting worried. Well, worried may be a slight understatement, I'm downright PETRIFIED!... I haven't lost my baby weight post Julian (baby no 1) and now I'm running baby no 3.

Oh my god, now that that's out in the open, and that it's in writing, I can see clearly that I have to start some sort of post partum weight loss diet/exersize (post baby, that is)

Yes, I know breastfeeding is supposed to take up 500 calories a day, but looking at my current eating habits, if I do continue this.... well, I'll be the heaviest one at home. 

That's not good!!! So while scouring the net, I managed to discover some secrets to post partum weight loss...
1. multiple meals throughout the day (low cal of course)
2. resistance training
3. interval training
4. breastfeeding

Sounds super easy when I jot it down like that, but this is what I have to do since I quite obviously don't have Skinny Genes.

Current photo of me, at 36 weeks pregnant... know what I mean?

I will definitely get a post partum photo, just to remind myself what I need to do...

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, woman...you look great!

    All glow and ummm, boobs..wahahaha..I am sure your husband must be thrilled :)

    I actually did resistance and interval training 2 months post partum and then I just slacked :p. It is kinda hard to work out and hold on to the 'girls' at the same time. They doubled as weights for weight training..wahahaha..good luck and all the best girl..

    Breastfeed all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess!... I'm so gung-ho now about losing all the kilos, but not sure how I'm gonna manage it...
    God! Scary...
    I took a portrait photo today at the studio...(since this is going to be my LAST pregnancy- haha) I decided to capture the moment professionally. Will be posting up photos, but not so soon la, going in for IOL in 2 days...(!)

    Ps: hubby has always been excited with the gals... haha

    ReplyDelete