Wednesday, 14 December 2011

The fussy baby

It has been 3 weeks since I last wrote something on Blog... well, that's NOT because I've delivered Little Pumpkin...(oh I so wish!) but mainly because of some health concerns... namely SPD (symphysis pubis distraction) and GDM  ( late onset Gestational Diabetes Mellitus).. Yep I know, very sad. Very very sad indeed.

I have been keeping myself very busy (trying as much as possible NOT to walk) with the computer, loading myself up with knowledge - you can never have too much- about breastfeeding/ pumping breast milk/ finding a name for Little Pumpkin/ how to manage a fussy child etc... and since I have been relegated /banished to the couch and the bed because I can't walk much these days, I might as well do as much research as possible before Little Pumpkin arrives.

Yes, I do have 2 babies already, but after the failure to breastfeed for more than 2 and 3 months each due to a multitude of problems... I have decided to be successful this time (since it's the last time anyway.. hehe). I wanted to share this wonderful article I found online regarding fussy babies. Something I never ever knew I was doing wrong with both my little ones when they were a coupla weeks old, which actually leads me to believe now, that THIS was probably the reason why I started having decreased BM supply and the eventual failure to continuously breastfeed.

A wonderful article which I think many will benefit from : http://www.mother-2-mother.com/cc-baby-B.htm#Fussiness

I will be going in for my Blood Sugar Profile (BSP) tomorrow, for the 3rd time and I hope that against all odds, it comes back normal. I did have durian yesterday, much against Maran's wishes but credit to me, it was the 1st time this pregnancy and I couldn't control myself. I shall be a good girl from now onwards.

1 comment:

  1. Ok...so let me start by saying I sometimes get annoyed when random people offer random advice. So no worries if you roll your eyes at me! ;)

    But...cinnamon is GREAT at managing insulin. I'm not a whacky naturalist...but when my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic I decided to try everything I could other than meds. There is SO much research about cinnamon and blood sugar out there...and I started having an afternoon cuppa tea with honey and cinnamon in it. Just 1/4 teaspoon so not too strong.

    And for the first time in YEARS my sugar is within normal limits!

    It might be worth a try...IDK.

    Sorry ,hon. Pregnancy complications are always harry and scary. :/

    Oh...and just in case you needed moral support, I was never successful breastfeeding. Oh my did I wallow in mommy guilt when I had to quit. But I had to quit. And it's okay. Which is NOT encouragement to not try with the newbie! It's just acknowledgement that there are other mommies out there that understand...

    XO

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete